I am a third-year music student studying Opera Performance, studying abroad in Vienna, Austria for eight weeks.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Outdoor ballet

11:00 a.m. I wake up, Kim has been up for a while, studying for our listening exam. I write my paper that I have been putting off, about Tosca.

12:30 p.m. School!

1:30 p.m. We have our first listening quiz today, Kim and I had less trouble than the rest of the class, we are the only music majors, but we were still pretty nervous, I can't imagine how intimidating it would be for a non major, I know my first listening exam was really stressful for me.

After that we had our independent study time. We started watching bits of Don Carlos, which is phenomenal. I got sucked in immediately, so much royal drama.

After that Kim and I decide to check out the outdoor plaza set up right in front of the Staadtsoper! They have a giant screen and chairs set up where people can come watch a live feed from inside for free. It is really a blessing.

We had a while before the show started, so we went exploring for a bit. We went to a memorial with a giant fountain, I should have probably read the plaque that said who it was for, but I just wanted to enjoy the view of the fountain. :) We also stopped in at the SPAR Gourmet ( a local grocery chain) where we picked up some healthy dinner options, a smoothie, a fresh deli sandwich, and a bag of paprika chips.

We head back and watch a beautiful ballet routine. We leave after the first half because we are freezing and I really have to pee. So we get some starbucks to go and head back home.

10:00 p.m. We get back, skype with Matt and Jason! Blogging, some opera research, The Princess Bride, then bed time! Excited for Parsifal tomorrow night!!!!

Sweet dreams,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment