I am a third-year music student studying Opera Performance, studying abroad in Vienna, Austria for eight weeks.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Home Stretch

Sorry, I know I have not been blogging, but that is because, honestly, the past couple of days have been pretty low key. We are in the home stretch before returning to the USA, and I think Kim and I are getting a little tired. Living in a little tiny dorm room, sleeping on a little tiny dorm bed, and constantly focusing in trying to understand a new language gets pretty tiring after a while. Plus, its the week before finals, so just like everyone in the states, we are just swamped with schoolwork. We have had some great experiences despite all the homework though! Here are a few highlights...

Breakfast and class with Mr. Dunn at the fabulous home of the Canadian Ambassador and his wife.

My big psychology presentation on Bullying.

Exploring at Doblinger. Finding an amazing CD and DVD shop with every opera imaginable.

Discovering the Staatsoper Gift shop, getting gifts for teachers, and purchasing a kick ass poster for my room for 50 cent.

Mahler, all day, everyday.

Girls night out with Rita and Isabella!

The donaucentrum, the enormous shopping mall.

Thats about it, lots of coffee, and writing papers, final projects, and for me, getting to know Ballo in Maschera, which UAO is performing this summer. I am so exhausted I don't want to write anymore, I just felt weird not continuing to blog, even though times are overshadowed by school-work. Kim's family gets in soon, I think I am almost as excited as she is!! Tomorrow, we go on a tour of Schoenbrun palace!

Goodnight!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment